View Single Post
Old 05-03-15, 07:34 AM   #1625
mobucks
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 209
Uploads: 0

I use SH3UI and don't have any UI problems like that kevinsue.

This mod is working GREAT for me. It actually seemed to get more stable as my patrol went on. A solid 6 hours running the game with no crashes. (up the southeast coast of England, back to Heligoland to refit, and back to England again to dump my load on a convoy)

IMO saving often is not that great of an idea. You want to minimize saving/loading as much as possible on patrol. This mod is loading everything inside 60km and drawing everything inside 20km. If you save while inside your patrol grid, there is a much higher chance that you are not making a "clean" save. The best is to follow the tips for stable gameplay on the supermod description.

I make a save in/out of patrol area ~100km "open sea" all stop 0kn, run TC512 and watch the minute hand. If the minute hand isnt moving smooth at this TC there is probably traffic <60km away.

Same thing for entering/exiting port or refit.

I wouldn't ever load a save not made under those conditions.

Watch the chronometer movement during TC! If it starts getting too choppy, you're flirting with a CTD. That patrol I mentioned finally did CTD going back to Willhemshaven at TC128.
mobucks is offline   Reply With Quote