View Single Post
Old 06-09-22, 06:46 AM   #8
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapitän View Post
I just did a night surface attack on KSDII, Oct.42, wind 5m/s, clear night, half moon:

Fully surfaced, I was detected first at ~2500m and had to dive due to gunfire (no hits).

At the second run fully surfaced, we were deteced at ~3000m and had to dive again (no hits).

At the third run, the boat was decks awash (set depth 8m), and was not detected at distance of ~3300m.

We fully surfaced at ~3000m and were only noticed, once we engaged with the deck gun.

Nice! Thanks for sharing In Dark Waters I have made realistic night surface attacks possible. This includes getting inside the convoy and attacking from within, on the surface. Flooding down to decks awash helps as well, depending on sea state. In Heavy seas it actually increases visibility due to spray it kicks up. I applied a darker nights mod, since so much is dependent on light factor. I have more testing to do to perfect it but thus far, great results. I did a write up on some tests in the Dark Waters thread if interested.

I plan to address KSD next, if needs it. Want to make it possible to get inside convoy under right conditions, as have in DW..
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote