View Single Post
Old 10-24-21, 06:21 PM   #3
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
The original O. M. by lurker, is the basis... yeah... but... this has been expanded on & eclipsed, by O.M.: Dark waters... (which, last I know of... still had some... growth issues, & was decided by Fifi, to step away from... as to their return to work on it more... is not clear... it may happen, it may not.)

Then there is KSD: II, original works by Alex ??? (last name, slips My mem cogs, right now... Nov something... No offence, Alex... no slight intended... will edit to properly give credit, where cred's due... many thanx to you & the team, for your hard work on KSD: II )
This set, is geared more towards running wolfpacks, aka multi player base set up.

Niume, on the other hand... has taken (along with a bit of a hand from vickers03... I believe, iirc & any others, that I am NOT aware of... ) & worked on eng. transiting KSD: II into KDS: II: Ace edition... eng. version.

If any work were to be looked at to make surface night attacks, feasible... I believe it would likely be in conjunction with that mod set... to be completely frank about it... Bublehead1980...

1 thing I recall of, was with wolfpacks, they would wait for what was considered.. favorable conditions to be met to launch a attack... darkness, would be 1 of those... along with some bad weather... definitely NOT a full on Hurricane or Typhoon... choppy enough to make sound gear iffy for the enemy to try & locate them being submerged... cloudy, so as to make use of air cover, a no go for the enemy... were that available depending on the location of a wolf pack attack... barring CV's, that is...

That set, would be the 1 to focus on...

M. M.

Thanks, a lot to be considered and learned on my end. I thought about SH 3 and I have copy of SH 5 I have barely every played lol maybe someday. I was just so annoyed with it the stock version, how gamey it was I lost interest and PTO has always been more my domain. However, with properly instituted night surface attacks, can see a lot of intense and interesting patrols in SH 4 ATO mods. I played OM a while back and loved it, other than of course could not do surface attacks without getting decimated lol.

How is your S boat career going? Ah wait, want to keep it on topic here. I will write you on other thread.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote