View Single Post
Old 09-12-13, 05:35 AM   #57
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
From your screenie I see that the dmg box you have created doesn't envelop any scope. There should be one box and a few collision spheres for each periscope, and they should physically contain their owner object.

Moreover, IIRC, at least for some U-boat models New UIs replaces the regular periscope models with the "twisty" type (obs_periscop_wire and atack_periscop_wire). You should add collision spheres and damage boxes to them too.

Quote:
If i understood this correctly, obj.extensible conntroler should be disabled when HP reach 0, right?
Yes, and the CamUserData controller too, as long as:

- each scope got its own SH3ZonesCtrl controller in UBoot_Sensors.zon;
- the SH3ZonesCtrl controller contains sphere(s) and a box covering at least part ot the 3d model.

Collision spheres are dispensable on some equipments, as the game can use the spheres of the main unit (the U-boat hull in our case), but since the scopes can protrude considerably from boat's profile, it is better having them in this particular case.

Another important element of SH5 damage, are collision meshes, i.e. a low poly 3d model which, similarly to spheres and boxes, contains the visible model. Among the items contained in UBoot_Sensors.GR2, only the pedestal UZO and another sensor which I couldn't identificate got collision spheres. I hope this is not going to be a problem.

Quote:
3. Well, after excessive fire from destroyer and when 0% is shown in damage meny, i guess it should be o HP,right?
I don't trust the damage management menu: as you probably have noticed, it displayed damages to equipments which were lacking damage boxes before you fixed them

Quote:
It's really hart to track what i have all ready tried... Now i'll try your suggestion...
Paths to submarine parts should be hardcoded and thus not required, but with all the mess devs did on the game, you never know

Quote:
What's the purpose of the marked lines?
This is the link to the 3d model which is functionlly related to each equipment set in upc files. Some equipments, like the torpedo tubes, miss a model but are linked (I ignore how... maybe it is hardcoded) directly to their respective controller on the main unit (wpn_SubTorpedoSys for t-tubes). This can be a problem for our purposes. I only hope that the animated torpedo doors referenced in wpn_SubTorpedoSys are not there just for eyecandy.

Talking about periscopes, it is even more complicated. We have six equipment definitions. The first two (one for obs and one for attack scope) are classified functionally as "PeriscopeBody", and are not linked to any 3d object. The last four have a functionality type "PeriscopeHead", and each of them is linked to one of the 3d periscopes contained in UBoot_Sensors.GR2. I ignore why scope functionalities have been split in two though.
gap is offline   Reply With Quote