View Single Post
Old 09-09-13, 06:16 PM   #46
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
Yes, but problem is that stock model doesn't have any boxes for periscopes or torpedo tubes.
Adding them is quite easy (see below)

Quote:
I don't know which controller controls periscope movement, from where they're taking damage in the first place?
This is a bit complex actually. Both periscopes are located into data/Objects/Sensors/UBoot_Sensors.GR2, and they are linked through their CamUserData controllers in UBoot_Sensors.cam to a second cam file, data/Library/cameras.cam, where all game camera settings are stored.

In any case, adding the appropriate damage boxes to the two scope objects through UBoot_Sensors.zon, should be enough to make them vulnerable.

Quote:
What are parents objects for torpedo tubes, i cant put them to the main object(gr2) ,it will cause CTD.
From the wpn_SubTorpedoSys controller, I know that torpedo tube functionalities are linked to the torpedo door models located in data/Submarine/NSS_Uboat7*/Submarine Parts/Room_EXT - Torp Doors + Anim.GR2. This file has not zon file attached, so you should create one, and add damage boxes to it for each door.

Quote:
I know which controller do deck gun movement but i don't know how to link it with damage box, deck gun doesn't have it's own .zon file. Also, torpedo doors animation doesnt have it's own .zon file... I'm pretty much lost here...
- Take any zon file (or any other binary file for that matter: despite the different file extensions, they all have pretty much the same file structure).

- Copy it to the correct location and rename it appropriately. Using the deck gun as an example, you should have a Deck_Gun_GE88mm.zon file located in data/Objects/Guns.

- Open the file in Silent3ditor and delete all its controllers.

- Open Deck_Gun_GE88mm.GR2 in Goblin, merge it to the newly created zon file, and add the new damage boxes as you would do normally
gap is offline   Reply With Quote