View Single Post
Old 10-20-21, 10:03 AM   #179
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADLOU View Post
Just noticed that when the AA guns are manned and I order them to fire at aircraft they do nothing.

Any solutions?

Thanks.
Make sure under the AA guns panel on the orders back you have "fire at will selected" , that works best. AA guns range is set at 4373 yards or 4000 meters. In testing I tried to raise this but they would not fire a contacts so put it back to that number. Now, I am currently testing a modification to the visual sensors of sub crews , they are kind of blind...can't see a ship I can see at ten miles..smoke, or an aircraft I can see etc, which is bit ridiculous. Their lack of vision does have a effect on their targeting of aircraft.

Also, from the README ....

11. Deck and AA guns

"An optional mod is included which converts AA guns (20 MM, 40 MM), to function against enemy vessels. Basically, when you target an enemy vessel, if the AA gun(s) are manned the will open fire on target along with the deck gun. Leave them unmanned and will not fire, if want to use deck gun only. Player will need to click on the ammo from the AA gun view to make sure they are loaded for them to fire. Early war not as much of a factor but in later war having AI firing 20 and 40 MM guns along with deck gun is great when dealing with smaller craft or in desperate situations, can lay down impressive bit of fire...."

So if you have that mod enabled, your AA guns will not fire at aircraft, they are considered deck guns by the sim and will only fire at aircraft. They are linked to the deck gun and if manned when order deck gun to open fire, they will fire at selected surface target. Unfortunately, right now it is either or, since UBI in its infinite wisdom, did not give us dual purpose AA guns, because you know, that would be too historically accurate Having said that, I believe someone told me FOTRS is working on making deck guns dual purpose.

I made the mod optional because while TMO is designed to stop such nonsense of constantly dueling it out with aircraft with AA guns on surface, in certain missions may need AA guns to be an option. One example would be lifeguard missions, special missions, especially if into shallow waters. Then again, may need the surface firepower. I provided the option to the Captain.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote