Old 10-15-21, 04:15 PM   #171
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlo View Post
Critical depth comparison: S-boat vs. Tench in this mod:

The implosion is sudden and complete. S-Boat at 350', Tench at 900'.

(It would be nice if the audio clearing the bridge wouldn't happen when submerged.)

Thanks for the videos. I did enjoy them

Just a heads up, if share spoilers such as crush depths etc, please include a "SPOILER ALERT" in the topic and at head of the post, and do not give too much away early in the post, so do not see information may not want to know.

I revised the crush depths of the boats and did not share them for a reason in the README, to keep a certain element fo the unknown present in the mod, the element of not knowing just how deep boat can go, and being forced to operate in a certain manner on patrol, unless go out of way to find out.

Actually, even as the developer of the Update for TMO, I am not sure of the exact revised crush depths in the mod as I did not test them to find ou. I did this in order to maintain that element for myself, even as a developer. Now, I do have an estimate , and tested to make sure boats would make it to a certain depth as they historically were able to, based on the class of submarine. I believe I guaranteed can get at least 100 ft below test depth without concern, if have ZERO hull damage i.e. full hull integrity. Tried to use as much historical fact as could in calculating crush depth estimates.

The dive sounds with the voices are not part of my up recent TMO Update, you must have a sound mod running which overwrites them. The dive alarms included in the update are just authentic dive alarms that sound twice for diving, three times for surface. I dislike clunky dialogue chunks cut from movies etc for this exact reasons so decided not to use them. Check JSGME for overrides of the sound files.

912 feet for Tench ? lol like I said never tested the exact depth but that one surprises me, figured it would crush around 825-850

The S Class was revised in the update. They are much more vulnerable, reflecting the obsolescent nature. They have been, since SH 4 was released like tanks, always annoyed me. As you see, they can not dive very deep either but 350 is quite a bit below the test depth so for that type of old boat, not bad.

I did decide to retain the "instant death" upon reaching crush depth in TMO as felt it was more in line with reality, then reaching crush depth and being able to recover, so once below crush depth have just a few seconds before its .

Last edited by Bubblehead1980; 10-15-21 at 04:32 PM.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote