Thread: [REL] Dark Waters
View Single Post
Old 05-24-20, 04:13 AM   #432
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

SHO Re: Re: Fifi & SH4 troubles reinstalling... Pt. 2...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi View Post
Thank you Mad Mardigan, but yes i tried all you said.
Didn’t had to use Ccleaner on this windows because it’s brand new and SH4 never been installed.
About the CD to run it, i never had to keep it to run the game. I think my CD version is already star force free...anyway, if CD was required, it would be not my red window saying the application has been blocked, would be the window saying please insert the CD!
Well, I’m now guessing it’s coming from my own windows 10 version and/or from an damn update...but wich one? Hard to say.
Again, if i want to run Dark Water, i still have my Noisy old rig...maybe one day I’ll find out the issue by some chance!
Dang, welp.. as they say, back to the ol' drawing board..

What Win 10 version & build is in the computer that you're running into troubles running SH4 on, by chance.?

Mine is Win 10 Pro, build 1909 & thus far, it's as up to date as is possible... minus those pesky optional update offerings.. I avoid them, like the plague..

I do have the official officiated updates on a 2 week lock-down just to have time to take a wait & see if there is any bugs & such that crop up, not to mention if issues are found to see what Microscrew.. erhm, sorrry.. Microsoft's response is to them.

I may, at a later time, make that lock-down & bump it up to a 4 week or monthly hold off, but so far 2 weeks has worked out thus far.

Ok, if you haven't tried this already, see of doing a dump, clean, restart & do a reinstall... this time with a twist.

The twist... unplug access to the interwebz, & shut off the anti virus protection grid... before doing the reinstall... sounds crazy, I know.. but as with the issue with trying to run a game & not being able to without having said disk in the tray (which has already been eliminated as a possible cause) I seem to recall others having problems caused by their anti virus protection.

For some dumb stupid reason, the virus killer program/s, would mistakenly tag some part of a disk install, as a potential virus & trash some parts of the install into quarantine

I know that some , even when told to 'shut down' as it were, to avoid it causing issues, also read somewhere, just not the when & where of it, would often keep running in the background & scream home to mama, as it were aka the maker of said virus protection programming... & mama re-turning the virus protection back on & NOT inform you of that occurring.

Hence, why I mentioned of making sure to shut that down & disconnect access to the web, before doing the reinstall attempt, to rule this out as a possible cause of the works getting bollixed.

Outside of this, if this idea doesn't do the trick, after that then I am going to be sitting here, really scratching My head, confused as to what could be causing all this problems with getting SH4 after install to run as it should... and will be out of ideas, for possible solutions.