View Single Post
Old 08-09-14, 10:26 AM   #8
Schroeder
Navy Seal

Downloads: 62
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
I wouldn't knock the 21 too much, it's still in service with quite a few nations, including Romania (just), and Bulgaria. Fair points on the others though, especially the trainers, but what I suspect is that they have been chosen because it's easier to get access to them than it is to get access to modern front line military aircraft.
The 21 is like the Huey. They are Aircraft that are at the very end of their useful life and mostly retired by now. Some are still going strong but they are hardly state of the art anymore. Both aircraft are at their best in a Vietnam or 70ies-80ies scenario. Hence my hope to see some Vietnam action in the future but that would require a lot more aircraft and of course a proper map.
Same is true for the F86 and the MiG 15 which got their fame in Korea. The only realistic scenario right now would be a border clash in Europe in the mid 50ies as far as maps go. But for that we don't have the right ground objects so missions will always be fake workarounds were some equipment has to be replaced by modern stuff....