View Single Post
Old 07-29-14, 09:28 AM   #2
Schroeder
Navy Seal

Downloads: 62
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minoslas View Post
I think, based on that (My speculations), we can be new future incoming surprises
*Rant on*
And that is exactly the big problem with DCS in my opinion. Future surprises. It seems no one really knows where the journey is going and everybody is just randomly developing a pet project whether it fits into any scenario or not. I wish there was a focus on a certain scenario and when that is done people can develop another one. Right now we have a bit modern era, a bit Vietnam, a bit WWII and a bit Korea but nothing to an extend where one could build realistic campaigns or even just missions. The development goes into twenty directions at once without any focus whatsoever. That means of course that we have long waiting times between projects of the same theater. The P51 is still flying around alone for example. I know that something is in the works about WWII but for how long has the 51 been available now and still no adversaries in the sky.
We'll get a MiG 21 (hardly usable in modern day conflicts) but no F4, F8 or any other Vietnam era aircraft where this plane really belongs. We'll get some trainers which can hardly be used in any realistic scenarios and so on...
Guys, focus on one scenario and fill it with life and don't hand out 20 different projects that can't really interact with each other. If I can't build proper missions with the material I have then I'll lose interest in the whole game. But that requires coordinated effort not just for aircraft but also for maps and ground objects. I think we'll get a ton of patchwork which doesn't become one piece when put together (if that makes any sense).

*Rant over*