View Single Post
Old 12-26-21, 02:45 PM   #5
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

wolf_howl15 Re: Preparing SH4 for modifications - tutorial...

Ahoy...

Before I begin, want it on the record, that in no way, what I'm saying... is to be taken as criticism, for kacpro090's tutorial... as it isn't.

Earlier on, they asked for a workaround/solution for them having a 1 HD set up & getting SH4 to work with mods, as I recall.

In that thread, I (after some cogitating on that) offered up what I believe is a... no fault, way to then do a complete, fresh install of all things "Steam" related.

Which, to My knowledge, should work, as well.

Not having a solo HD set up (haven't for some time now. Am running a 3 HD set up, 2 internal & 1 external.) I have no means to check & verify the 100% validity of the outline I put forth. (This, also includes kacpro090's) method outlined, either. No offence, kacpro090 )

Given that, I know that UAC's, Microsoft's pit bull guard dog... & knowing in order to ensure the ability, to induce mods, to change & create a fresher, newer version (true of any game, that I know of, as well. ) using JSGMe & would also assume, the use of MultiSH4 could work for making a new save folder for other games, beyond just SH4. Think that MultiSH3, could also, as well.. but, that is just speculation, on My part, as I haven't attempted to test that theory out... , Ok, that aside & back to the "meat" of the subject. ) it... DOES NOT suffer with any pleasure, the tampering of files & such, under its Darth Vader, Vulcan, King Kong death grip... whatsoever.

That said, the workaround, that I suggested, should work, for those that use just a single HD... just have NOT been able to test it out... but, it should work & without any issues in its execution.

It retains the game launcher (namely "Steam" here... & should also work with any other games launcher, that uses a games repository or therein known of, as a "library", to be installed, set up & used outside of UAC's iron fisted kingdom... which I loathe & detest with every fiber of My being... to play games, that you've bought & should be able to play, without having to have them launchers & libraries, cluttering up your hard drive space. just My .02 red cent's opinion there... )

If the method that kacpro090's outlined here, works well... then I welcome its inclusion. As the way I see it... it just adds 1 more bullet in the gun belt of a games bag of tricks, to tell Microsoft& the game dev.'s, to piss off. Politely, of course...

Just as well, as I hope the methodology install solution that I outlined does... on their older thread.

In all things, I wish all well & God speed.

Fair winds, smooth seas & ... Good huntin'.!

Warmest regards,

M. M.