Old 04-07-15, 07:03 AM   #1463
Phrozin
Bosun

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0
Icon14 all fixed

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinsue View Post
Just to clarify...you have installed the game and then updated to the final Ubisoft release v1.2.0
THEN....installed "The Wolves of Steel 1.03" megamod + "The Wolves of Steel 1.03 - Patch 5" (latest version)?

Also can you confirm that "TDW_GenericPatcher_v_1_0_168_0" and the "TWoS" Snapshot are installed correctly?
Functionality of some of the current mods included in the megamod assume that this is so.

The Electric engine ratios patch also lists the CO2 bug fix as a dependency:
"Dependencies:sh5.electric_engine_ratios.shsim.ele ctric_engine_ratios. shsim.co2_bug_fix"

I would try messing with the Generic Patcher myself to try to reproduce your problem but I'm worried I might bork my current campaign....
Yep, I can indeed confirm all of that except what actually went wrong. I've figured it out, maybe it's windows 8.1 or a security program i have running. What's happening is I run the patcher and it closes out on it's own. Now I thought this was a new "feature" designed into it, but it isn't. I accidentally reopened the patcher at which point it told me that patch hadn't activated some features and would I like to enable them. I did and now all is well.

So to test I removed and uninstalled, cleaned the registry, cleaned temp directory and rebooted. I then installed SH5 in default directories (game: C:\Ubisoft\SH5" and launcher: C:\program files(x86)\Ubisoft"). Installed mod 1.3, patch 5 for 1.3, then generic patcher. it closed out by itself again, and I reopened it at which point it asked again to enable the missing features. I did, and then finished the options file and played. I can now move in both directions with the graphical issue of the patch showing.

So, I'm all good, and I thank you for trying to help. Love this forum!