Thread: My 2 cents.
View Single Post
Old 06-25-12, 01:38 PM   #5
scissors
Shore leave

Downloads: 303
Uploads: 0
Default Dice gaming and the old days .

Steve , I dont know how many people would even know who Gary Gygax is , I am amused when i see people complaining that WoW ripped off EQ, and this one ripped off that one , they all ripped off Gary ,And i guess il have to admit he ripped off Tolkein ...

Its notable how many games still rely on armor class and hitpoints . I had nearly a full set of the original edition D&D books ,
The players guide , the dms guide, with the ugly artwork on the face , lost now .Is it Right to feel pride that ive seen it all happen from the basics,
I knew then that computers were going to change the gaming world , To roll the dice for us so to speak...,

Remember when they Blamed these things for all sorts of evils of society ?

I understand about the sub models , maybe unexusable was a poor choice of words .
It was perhaps unfortunate that they werent there , Its a carrot to drive the game IMO .
The DRM, i bought the game when it was still there , I found it distasteful , but not a dealbreaker . I understand that they have lots of money invested , and given the choice , people will generally spend a dollars worth of time to get a dimes worth of product free,
Piracy .. in its various forms has effected the music , and gaming business . I see it as a thing that we will have to learn to deal with .

I have been enjoying World of tanks for some time now , I like the format they use , Free to play , and still not pay to win , but you can make life a lot easier by coming off a few dollars . Pay per month games-WOW , and perhaps EVE are short lived IMO ( Maybe EVE is a special case they have been working hard on it lately ) ), As this new format will slowly eclipse them , If they keep doing it right , which i believe WOT is doing .
BigBangtheory ,

I fall into that category of people who enjoy games , can appreciate coding on an elementary level , but i am no coder nor designer , Ive tried my hand at learning some basics .
It was an infernal challenge for me in the beginning just to Mod SH.
And thats why my hat is off to the guys who can dig around in the guts of the machine and make it do what they want .I cannot hoe where they plow .
scissors is offline   Reply With Quote