Old 04-12-22, 01:15 AM   #26
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
That's kind of what I'm getting at. Interpretation. For my thinking, that line applies to all the lines above it, and has to do with altering the product's internal binary code for non-Ubi profit. I know I don't have the brains or know-how to build a hex-edited injection file set. But even if I did, I do not trust software companies. The way I look at it though, is mods of all sorts help Ubisoft's sales of the SH series, actually prolonging their life, and they really should encourage folks to tinker with the internals by releasing more documentation. It is an old 'engine'. But they should tone-down the draconian language... lol
Was sitting here thinking...

The only reason, that Ubi... hasn't seriously pushed on that, is... that they would basically, be killing the goose (or in this case, geese) that are laying their golden eggs, for them.

That mods (& the modders here, for the most part...) have driven the thrust of their 'coinage' gains from SH3, 4... (& in a weeee small part) 5. Not to take anything away from those that do what they do, to make 5, NOT be sooo much, of a dumpster fire that Ubi shoved it out the pipe, as...

They could, raise a stink about it... BUT...

on the other hand, they have done... NOTHING... at all, to update any of it, &... it has been well documented, that for all intents... they consider sub simming, a dead end niche... sad, but... true. From a certain view point.

Add to that, for all intents & purposes, because of that... the only thing Ubi hasn't done, is kick the corpse into the ground & start shoving dirt over it... yet.

To those of us, who play... (& enjoy the SH lineage...) do NOT see it as a niche thing.

In its own way, it is a means & methodology, to keep history alive & never forget.

At least to Me, My own opinion on that... whether any one else feels the same way... dunno, but... I hope it is thought of in that light, by others...

*sighs* any way, that's just My thoughts about it...

M. M.