View Single Post
Old 11-18-23, 05:09 PM   #1485
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Default Upgrade on a Sargo

Career Start December 1941 in Manila driving a Sargo.

The Sargo has four conning towers available, the second tower (first upgrade) is available September 1942.
The third tower (second upgrade) is available March 1943.
The fourth one (third upgrade) is available March 1944 and i think this is just a paint job.

Just received the second upgrade in late August 1943. It took a few missions between March and August to actually get it.

on the last two missions, we took damage, including a bit of hull damage, and attained a mission rating of two in each.

And so, it continues to play out in the US Pacific portion of SH4 that a conning tower upgrade requires multiple, at least two consecutive missions with damage incurred and a mission rating greater than 0. It seems, and I stress seems, that a mission rating of three disqualifies the upgrade. Twos and ones along with consecutive missions with some hull damage seem to cause the upgrade.

as i solve one puzzle another appears. it seems that with RFB + RSRD, each conning tower upgrade fails to insert a surface radar antenna which makes the radar non-functional until i do a manual insertion of the missing piece. takes all of the fun out of solving the conning tower upgrade mystery.

if anyone can figure out how to fix the radar antenna issue, please let me know, as i have not been able to find the "bug".

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10

Last edited by KaleunMarco; 11-25-23 at 05:37 PM.
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote