View Single Post
Old 08-17-21, 07:00 PM   #3771
Ludwig van Hursh
A-ganger

Downloads: 65
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
The Officer is in the Conn, hollering down the hatch at you... that should be a PO of some rank at the table, usually, sometimes a JG, just depending upon the shift. If you call Battle Stations, everyone is on deck.

As for Guadalcanal and when the IJN ships in the troops, no we do not have that "modeled" exactly, but you will see the occasional transport and freighter coming through, and then you will see a ramp up in traffic from Palau and Truk to Rabaul / Kavieng, and then down to Shortland, and Guadalcanal and points in between... We don't want to make anything like a "I know that convoy xyz came through here at 1403 hours on 2nd May, 1942, so I will just wait and ambush them"... Same holds for the Marshalls and Gilberts. The traffic is there, it is not scheduled though.
I did find the helmsman shortly after making my post. I originally thought something might have messed up with the mod but if this is how they were historically supposed to be placed then great!

Makes sense that having ship formations exactly where they were at the exact time historically would make things a bit too easy if you know the dates and times etc. No complaints from me, I was just curious if I would run into them since I was patrolling in that area at the time of the Battle of Savo Island.

Enjoying the mod a lot though makes things feel a lot more immersive!