View Single Post
Old 08-17-21, 04:42 PM   #3770
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludwig van Hursh View Post
Is there a way to "restore" the positions of the crew in the control room to how it is in vanilla? Unless something is broken in my game the crew in the control room of my fleet boats (this does not happen on S-boats) are all enlisted crew unless I swap the positions of the officer to the second slot, so that they are at their usual position at the little chart table, in the roster and there is never a helmsman.

EDIT: Also is there any campaign events around Guadalcanal or other major events. It's August 9, 1942 for me in my current career and I was hoping to perhaps engage the Japanese before they got to Savo Island.
The Officer is in the Conn, hollering down the hatch at you... that should be a PO of some rank at the table, usually, sometimes a JG, just depending upon the shift. If you call Battle Stations, everyone is on deck.

As for Guadalcanal and when the IJN ships in the troops, no we do not have that "modeled" exactly, but you will see the occasional transport and freighter coming through, and then you will see a ramp up in traffic from Palau and Truk to Rabaul / Kavieng, and then down to Shortland, and Guadalcanal and points in between... We don't want to make anything like a "I know that convoy xyz came through here at 1403 hours on 2nd May, 1942, so I will just wait and ambush them"... Same holds for the Marshalls and Gilberts. The traffic is there, it is not scheduled though.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote