View Single Post
Old 10-29-12, 05:02 AM   #19
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_tyrant View Post
However, in the official version, microsoft removed all the useless stuff, and thus, the start menu code was removed (along with a lot more stuff that is never used again).
So start menu was useless? really...it's clearly that Microsoft lost the plot right there. I find myself using it a fair bit.

Quote:
However, microsoft does not "block" start menus. Many OEMs like Samsung created their own start menu, and bundled it with their new windows 8 PCs.
Ow yeah that's what we're waiting for
A Frankenstein's creation of a start menu preloaded with tons of crap by said brand.

Quote:
I doubt that microsoft would give up on the app store, more importantly, I doubt that application developers would give up on the app store. Historically, application developers have always embraced the app store model, and the app store itself is already welcomed by many developers, since it provides many practical advantages.
Yes all fine and well for the tablet/smartphone crowd that are bored out of their skulls and just fill their gimmick full of junk.

Quote:
Also, I find that on windows 8 (not RT), it isn't hard to side load metro applications, it is a hell of a lot easier than symbian homebrew was.
That junk belongs on Tablets and smartphones not on PC's

and that's the whole problem I have with Win8 it should've been called something different and promoted as purely made for Smart phones, touch screen notebooks & tablets and have the PC Windows branch beeing well left alone to be improved on for PC users. Thus I hope it bombs as hard as Vista and hopefully then Microsoft get their act back together and give us PC users something proper to work it like Win 7

HunterICX