propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsharks View Post
hello captains

i am deep sharks an old player of silent hunter iii

I played here a lot years ago in Silenthunter III I came to take a look and saw that the Silenthunter III forum is closed.

i played silenthunter iii game from the beginning till the server closed in mutiplayer. I met many friends there.

hosting your own server was very nice. my question , is there another game that is active to play in a multiplayer game ? Silent Hunter 4 , Silent Hunter 5 ?

if so are there still players active in that game ? do you have to buy a DVD for silenthunter 4 and 5 ? Or is everything via steam? greetings from a player from Belgium Christopher
There are still a few "private" Flotillas around, but names escape this feeble brain right now... someone will post about them though. Similar with SH4 and SH5, with 4 & 5 even less represented in that regard than SH3.

The only way to find a DVD copy of the games these days is to buy a used one, other than, do NOT buy a used SH5 disk, since those installs are linked to the original owner ONLY. Steam is a viable alternative to the Stock game, but can present some troubles with certain of the mods. Someone usually knows a way around that issue, blackswan40 especially. The Ubisoft version is a bit less restrictive, but does also use a "licensing" applet UConnect instead of their old UPlay connection. But most mods, including widescreen utilities work fine with the Ubisoft version.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote