View Single Post
Old 12-21-22, 02:40 PM   #1
Randomizer
Watch Officer

Downloads: 131
Uploads: 0

Default Editing Crew Size

Hi All, Happy Christmas with wishes for Good Health and Prosperity for 2023.

Am currently in a Soviet Waterways Baltic Sea career but have issues with the crew size of some Red Fleet boats. My Type V bis has a crew of 72-all ranks but this should be only 36 tops. I don't think that crew size affects CO2 buildup so any changes would be essentially cosmetic unless crew size has other game play effects. Going to the Crew Management screen and seeing all of those smiling faces - twice as many as there should be - is a bit jarring but to be fair, I doubt that setting the actual number would have a huge effect on commanding the boat.

So the change would be essentially aesthetic rather than operational.

I went through the NSS folder and the Crew.cfg files for the type and curiously, the crew all have German names but since these are rendered in Cyrillic on the screens, which I cannot read anyway, this may just be a function of deliberate choices by the Mod's author(s) to save work.

I would also like to change the Officer, Petty Officer mix to add more Ensigns (as Mitchmen) and fewer senior Petty Officers as per Soviet Navy manning conventions.

None of this is huge but I am willing to tinker and if I can get the ShSch V bis down to 36-men, I could probably edit the other classes and maybe offer the fixes as a Mod.

Thanks in advance for any assistence.

-C
Randomizer is offline   Reply With Quote