View Single Post
Old 06-05-23, 04:34 AM   #11179
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Russia says it thwarted major Ukrainian offensive.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-65806152

Lets hope its an exaggerated Russian lie. But as I warned in the past: the Ukrainian taks will not automatically see a successful outcome. Russia learns slowly only and adapts slowly only. But it DOES learn and adapt, and different to Cherson last year they had months and months to prepare defences. they learned to use drones, and their numerical artillery superiority is still fearsome. And by past reports in Western media they should have run out of missiles and cruise missiles already months ago.
[FAZ]
In contrast, Russian field commander Alexander Khodakovsky contradicts Moscow's success reports about the failure of a major Ukrainian offensive in the Donbass. So far, the enemy is "accompanied by success," Khodakovsky wrote on his Telegram channel on Monday. According to his account, the attacks west of Wuhledar were a limited tactical operation by the Ukrainians. Khodakovsky had headed the separatists' "Vostok" brigade in the Donbass region since 2014. His units were incorporated into the Russian National Guard after the war of aggression against Ukraine began.
Initially, the Ukrainian troops had given the impression of increasing the pressure on the front section Velyka Novosilka, where they had already succeeded in breaking through on Sunday. Meanwhile, a shock troop had advanced almost unnoticed further east near the locality of Novodonezke. "Traditionally disrupting radio communications, the enemy has managed to put us in a difficult position," Khodakovsky wrote. The situation is in flux, he added.

I hope my pessimism was premature.