Captain America
Planesman

Downloads: 149
Uploads: 0

Hi Torpedo,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpedo View Post
Hi Captain America
For what I knew I would have to give credit to TMO for illuminated push buttons.
If you admit that you knew it was from TMO, then at the very least you should have credited TMO. It is proper mod etiquette to list a "credits" section in your readme file of where the work was used from. I'm not trying to be rude, but its worth bringing to your attention in case you didn't know this. Nothing was listed in your readme file or in your first post...which is why I wrote my previous message.

Quote:
I never saw your mod and I did not know that this mod was incorporated in TMO for SH4.
This is why credits in the readme file are important...Ducimus has a very detailed readme that lists all credits. If you would have looked at the TMO_Manual.pdf you would have seen the credits section at the end. On page 51 it list my name with all of my work contributed to the mod, including my Hud mod.

Also, its important to check the readme files of other mods before you use their material because they might have a disclaimer about asking for permission first to use their work. The TMO readme on page 56 states "All permissions of individual mods are subject to their author's permissions."

Quote:
The phrase "for other people's work" seems excessive, but I understand that you felt robbed by a "to copy and paste" for all your entire work. I do not steal the work done by others to believe that the mod is all my work.
Why does the phrase "for other people's work" seem excessive to you? Is it not my work regardless of how much you used? I spent a lot of time on that mod creating those textures.

Anyway, I do not think that you steal work and you didn't have bad intentions with what you did. You just didn't take the time to check the sources that were readily available to you for the work that you borrowed.

Quote:
I hope that everything is explained and you still accept my apologies but also my friendship!
No worries mate, all is good....no hard feelings.
Captain America is offline   Reply With Quote