View Single Post
Old 03-25-16, 07:05 PM   #4502
Husksubsky
XO

Downloads: 254
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsier View Post
I didn't know that there was a stock command using the same key combination, but I see why you would disable it. Since it's an intentional feature and not a "bug", I'll be happy to work around it

I will probably appreciate it even more once I start playing with real nav, but I decided to play the first campaign on only 60% realism to get used to the basic tactics again and to be able to check my increasingly manual targeting solutions against the TDCs to spot methodical mistakes early. If I learn a wrong method for manual targeting and never hit anything once I start with real nav, I'll never be sure if it's just really bad luck, me not understanding real nav or me making constant mistakes is to blame...

Thanks for your reply and all the work and thought you and your fellow moddes put into this. Without it, SH5 would not be playable.

Regards,
Kelsier
Never give up
Im not really sure where excactly you struggle, but things can be done simple.
If you hear a closing contact just draw a bearing line from a reference point that can be wherever. Wait six minutes then draw a new bearing line. Then draw a line between the two lines where you think ship goes.
If you think about it you now know a lot about target. Approx speed is already given by hydroguy.
Then start to move in position and plot yourself from reference point and take new readings. Its fun .
Thats just one of many methods. Good hunting

Last edited by Husksubsky; 03-25-16 at 10:09 PM.
Husksubsky is offline   Reply With Quote