Uploads: 5

14 February 1944

DEI
Allied raids:
Surabaya (night, airbase): 1 hit
Surabaya (airbase): 25 hits
Koepang (airbase and ground forces): 10 base hits
Kendari (ground forces): 9 casualties

Surabaya appears to have been evacuated of aircraft.

Philippines
Enemy PBs are clearing a minefield I left for them at Aparri

China
Allied raids:
near Taiyuan (ground forces) 76 casualties
near Chengchow (ground forces) 49 casualties

ground combat:
near Chengchow, Allied Deliberate Attack, 12k troops vs 4.5k. Casualties 1252 (J) to 274 (A), enemy units retreating
near Hankow, Allied Shock Attack. A rematch of yesterday except I changed from deliberate to shock. 10k vs 4k; casualties 1326 (J) to 239(A), enemy units retreating

Burma and Thailand
Allied raids:
west road (ground forces): 568 casualties

I attempted a deliberate attack against the road-blocking force outside Bangkok which did not go well, 527 casualties to 1958 favoring the enemy. A little surprising given how hard the bombers are hitting these guys.

This group is trying to break contact with us to shore up Ayuthia, which is about to be overrun by my much stronger "east road" force, but there's little chance they'll make it in time while they're moving under fire and off-road vs my troops moving unopposed on a major road. The defense of Bangkok is shaping up to be a disaster for Japan, as the river crossing is their best chance to cause losses on me, but by moving this force onto the other side of the river, they've mostly gotten out of my way. Then the enemy will have to cross the river under fire by me to get back into the fight, or else just stay out here in the open getting bombed for ~500 casualties per day.

Reinforcements
SS Taurus arrives at Aden
VMF-221 arrives at Santa Barbara
VP-20 arrives at Alameda
No.10 Sqn IAF arrives at Lahore
50th Coastal Artillery Regiment arrives at San Francisco