View Single Post
Old 06-01-14, 03:26 AM   #606
Bosje
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 0
Default checking a few observations

Hi guys, I'm back at SH after a long break
seeing the latest version of this supermod actually makes the game playable and enjoyable. nice job!!!

Having run around for a few days now, I'd like to check some things I noticed, any confirmations would be most appreciated (or corrections, obviously, it could be that I somehow messed up the installation)
playing latest wolves of steel without real navigation

-repair: got jumped by fighters, all damage repaired except Vordere and Hintere Ausgleichzelle. they stay at 83% no matter what I do. ordering the chief to use his 'Increase Repair Rate ability' does absolutely nothing, except drop morale to 0 for all my crew (obviously there is no way to try his 'repair destroyed systems ability as that would drop morale from 5 to 0 and i would need 5 morale to start with???)
-recognition manual: using space and x i can have the XO dialogue box for ID and TDC settings, there is a sort-of-ID-manual included in that dialogue box, but there is no loose ID manual. I do have lots of shipping posters in the optionbox (not sure what to call it, its activated with 'E')
but all those ships on those posters look a lot like the many many different ships i know from SH4 Operation Monsun mod. I have not actually seen any of those ships ingame. Is this as designed? (trying to get used to manual targeting and double checking my calculations with contacts on map, its hard to get range, speed and AOB correct just from the scope)
-When surfacing, the default setting is that batteries are NOT recharged, I have to manually order the chief. Correct? (a huge improvement over auto-recharge without the option to turn that off, as in vanilla, I can't believe ubisoft's decisions in the vanilla game)
-For many commands i have 2 of 3 ways to activate them: Hotkey, officer dialogue and the GUI tabbed menu. But what are the differences? Mainly want to know about the following: Battle stations. i can activate with Fkey or 1WO to get the red bell icon, but i can also have the watch officer do it. This activates another icon?? Is there any point to either? Same for silent running, I can tell the XO or use the Fkey for the red icon but I can also hit 'Z' for a different icon. Any difference?? Also, I can click a 'damage control team' in the chief's menu buttons but it will immediately de-activate again. what does it do?
-ran into 2 'neutral' convoys off the English East coast, only reason i know they were neutral is because of map updates which i still have turned on. none of the ships had any flags. is that a common glitch?

any help or confirmation of the above would be welcome. pointer: I think I may have missed the TDW generic patcher thing. Is that a problem?

Enough for now, thanks for a great mod! its quite stable (only a handful of random CTDs so far). Looks very good, I really love the atmos, it looks and feels a lot more like the north sea and atlantic, and there are many many corrections of the insanely gamey vanilla gameplay decisions.