View Single Post
Old 08-28-21, 04:14 PM   #293
itsjero
Swabbie

Downloads: 16
Uploads: 0

Okay so i understand from the changelog they did some work on the whole wire break deal.

However, i have a few installs of cold water. The reason is i have edited a lot of text files, so i have an install for russian navy, american navy, super sim hardcore mode, and then like an arcade mode.

All the other installs i use i dont mind the wire break stuff. Its legit and just part of the game to even the balance.

However, in the "arcade" mode version i have installed, i have the wirebreak setup to where the wires just dont break. I can launch a spread, and then haul ass across the map and reposition, and in the past before the newest epic mod release ( august 5 2021 relase.. the lastest one i think 2.32 )

Anyways, now once i move my sub, the wires break.. period. I have gone in and checked out my text files for this "version" of the game i have setup, and the wirebreakthreshold i have set is like for 1200 knots. Everything in this "arcade mode" install i have moves much faster. Boats move faster, weapons, etc.

I basically made a version of the game that is super arcadey.. where you can just go in and shoot up and blow stuff up. Its for when i only have like a half our or so to play, so i can jump in and sink some stuff.. and like fill the urge i have to play the game without setting aside like 2 hours to play a super sim-style game.

Anyways, again the newest epic mod they changed the wire break stuff. now, no matter what i edit in the .txt files, the wires break as soon as i steer my sub to another course maybe.. more than 15 degrees or so, and as soon as i increase speed they break too.

Doesnt matter what i put in the .txt files, so im wondering if there are any devs out there or anyone familiar with the newest epic mod release and setting up the wirebreakthreshold value to one that makes the wires basically never break. Sure its a cheat of sorts, but again its for an arcadey version i play and now no matter what i edit or do, the wires break.

And in all honesty, they break in the regular installs of the epic mod FAR easier than past releases of the epid mod.

So id hate to roll back and go to the previous mod revision because the newest revision also lets me play many other subs in campaign mode than just the like 3 i was given in the past. So that along with alot of the new features kick ass and i dont want to roll back because ill lose those features.

But i really would like to know where the new settings for the wirebreakthreshold across the game are.. and if they are editable? This is usually done by vessell, but it seems now there is an overal setting for wirebreak that seems to override whatever the vesells settings are.

So, hope that makes sense and hope someone can help me out.