View Single Post
Old 06-09-20, 08:26 PM   #1267
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight View Post
Yep, I found them in the stock game files, I've been playing this mod too long Mr beanie, I'm beginning to think that this mod is the actual game, then again, could I have the first symptoms of Lockdown fever.

If you hear of a weird Englishman on the news its probably just me starting to crack up.
So long as it's not s7rikeback we see on the news...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
In the text box that shows when something is spotted, or in this case.. I give the order to go to 'Ahead 1/3', the audio confirm from the crewman responsible repeats that order... yet in the text box, the order reads as 'Ahead 2/3' instead... how the heck do I correct that so that when I tell them to go to 1/3, the text in the text box, will reflect 'Ahead 1/3'.. & match up with the audio files??? What needs being edited to correct that...

p.s.

This same issue is also with 2/3, as well.. I give order for 'Ahead 2/3, audio matches that, yet... YET.. the text confirm for it is butt backwards & reads as 'Ahead 1/3'....
OK, we had that fixed on all accounts before... I'll look into it. That is in the menu.txt file, and is pointed to with a number... looks like phrases 1011 and 1012... which look to be switched, but let me check the calling location... I thought it had been switched at the source so that both the audio and text would then be correct, with the correct speed setting - which when you ask for Ahead one third, you do get one third, correct, and the boat speeds up to Ahead two thirds when you ask for it on the telegraph or keyboard? Thanks.

Edit: OK, it all looks good here, I'll try the game in a bit, but had you noodled with, or replaced the Commands.cfg file, or the menu.txt file? OK, in-game "testing" reveals that a <1> key press gets me "Ahead one third" in the text and in the voice. a <2> key press gets me "Ahead slow" in the voice, and "Ahead two thirds" in the text. The same with the telegraph settings, and that is with an S-18 and a Sargo boat... Thanks.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna

Last edited by propbeanie; 06-09-20 at 08:39 PM. Reason: Edit
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote