View Single Post
Old 12-05-21, 11:27 AM   #3
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by XondoXondo420 View Post
I had to upgrade to Windows 11 for school unfortunately, the base version of SH4 runs just fine, however when I try to boot it with FOTRSU activated it crashes every single time without fail. Does anyone have a solution to this? I desperately want FOTRSU to work with Windows 11 on my machine.
A bit more info would help, such as what is the source of your SH4: disk, Steam download, Ubisoft download, etc. Secondly, did you allow the game to install into the default path of "C:\Program Files (x86)"? With a Steam or Ubisoft download, this would include the base manager, which for Steam would be "C:\Program Files (x86) \Steam \SteamApps \Common \Silent Hunter..." Ubisoft does similarly. The game was written for the Windows XP interface, and since the Vista version of Windows, there has been User Access Control (UAC) as well as other 'technologies' that will rollback any changes a mod happens to make to the game install, since Windows will see the 'old tech' DirectX v9.0c game and JSGME as "unauthorized" to perform edits in that Program Files folder. A re-install or move to a folder / directory of your own making would be required.

Third, if you have a disk version of the game, did you select the DirectX v9.0c components and the Codecs for it as part of the install? You do not need Game Shadow nor the Acrobat Reader parts, since those are outdated programs, but you do need the old DirectX v9 parts as part of the install. If you have a Steam or Ubisoft (or most other) download, then those are updated to include what is needed without user intervention. Since the Stock game runs OK, I would assume that your install is fine, other than probably the install locatioin. Let us know what you have there, and someone can get you going. This applies to all major mods you would use.

As Aktungbby says: "Welcome to SubSim!"

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote