Thread: [TEC] Restoring Tambor
View Single Post
Old 11-04-21, 07:33 PM   #6
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
I thought Art Anker fixed the Terrible Tambor with the v2.5 "Small Patch" update (Florida Sailor maybe?? - where is cdrsubron7 when you need him?? lol)... ?? The UpgradeClass in the SubName.upc is what controls whether you "upgrade" or not... in v2.1 I think it was, is where Ducimus set the Tambor to like UpgradeClass=5, or something like that, above the Tench even... I'll try to get time tomorrow and look through some of my old files... The S-Boats are UpgradeClass=0, along with the V-Boats, and the Porpoise. The Salmon & Sargo=1, Gar and Gato=2, Balao=3 and Tench=4 - I think... so setting the Tambor higher than the Tench removed the possibility of upgrading from it. It seems to me that all aanker did was put the Tambor's UpgradeClass= line back to "2" with the Gar and Gato. Now - I might be remembering this all wrong... wouldn't be the first time. Just ask s7rikeback... maybe don't, 'cause he'll probably remember too many times I have failed...

HAH!!! Found It: 1_TMO_25_small_patch.rar by aanker. So this day goes down in history as the one time I DID remember correctly... lol - is that an earthquake?? - well... maybe not v2.1 - I do think it was v2.5, the way Art writes on his download page... So not all of the way correct on the memory... plate shifting has ceased. - Also, lurker_hlb3 added it to RSRDC for TMO.
the UpgradeClass shouldn't cause a CTD.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote