View Single Post
Old 07-28-22, 05:42 PM   #17
LoneWolf_gabo
Seaman

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Hello! Been long time since i been around the project, but still going.
Pretty much all the clicking parts of the sim is done and i'm focusing on adding and stablishing graphical content. I will be starting by publishing a free campaign where you will command the HMS Eagle in the Indean Ocean hunting German merchant riders while defending frendly merchant ships and keeping an eye on Italian early submarines.
So since the project idea is to make all by myself i've started improving my 3d art skills. Starting with the non-playable units, my first attempt at generating content is shown here in the "units viewer" demo build for PC:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/15jP...ew?usp=sharing

or if you don't want to download the build here's a picture

I have migrated the project to a universal rendering pipeline due to very poor performance on different platforms i was having and the idea is for the sim to run on low end PCs/devices. The downside is that the sim is back to flat ocean for now until i find a proper 3rd party solution for that.

I'll be adding UI controls to the units viewer and some test actions such as damage testing (aka destroying it!), navigating the different units and some AI functions.
I have more features coded than i can actually show on the current state of the sim. So until the free campaing contents are ready i'll be updating this units viewer with feature test buttons.

DISCLAIMER: The ship you see is the "Komet" merchant rider however i have mistaken the ship and it should have been the "Atlantis" wich is actually a bigger ship. But for now this will act as "random merchant rider" until i make the more historical accurate units.
The ship is not yet fully equiped, it has 15cm SKL/45 deck guns for now and a deployable recon aircraft He 114. Wich ofcourse actually fly from and to the AI ship and it's deployed and hoisted acordingly by the AI. (will add buttons for that in the units viewer).

Hope you like it.
Cheers!

Last edited by LoneWolf_gabo; 07-29-22 at 07:57 AM.
LoneWolf_gabo is offline   Reply With Quote