View Single Post
Old 03-10-15, 07:54 PM   #1303
kevinsue
Der Einzelgänger

Downloads: 363
Uploads: 3

G'day Toniausmuc
Quote:

But it crashes all the time when I try to escape the bay of Danzig.
I also restarted career, but it was with same results.

What can I do?
Is this known?
Help would be appreciated a lot
Not sure how this ties up, but recently I've had two situations where all save games including autosaves past a particular point were corrupted and just CTD when you try to load them.
The two things that were common before I had problems were.... an air unit that crashed in the vicinity of my Uboat that I did not get credit for,.... and a lot of savegames.

The first time this happened, after many unsuccessful attempts to get a save game that didn't CTD while loading, I did a complete reinstall and went from using my own mod list and installed "The Wolves of Steel" mod.

The second time this occured, I had just escaped out of Scapa Flow and was attacked by two Hurricane fighters that came out of the fog!
While trying to get below decks to crash dive, one of the planes exploded over the top of the boat and crashed. It was floating on the water in a lot of debris minus its wings and still roaring away like it was still airborne.
I thought for a minute that my useless, constantly disappearing flack gunner actually managed to hit something but after a fair while submerged, no credit was given for the aircraft.

At this point I saved the game and went to reload and had an instant CTD. Every time I tried to do a save after the crashed plane, it was corrupted and would instantly CTD. This also included the autosave games.
Once again.....a lot of previous saved games and a crashed, uncredited air unit in the vicinity.

I loaded an earlier saved game prior to the encounter with the aircraft and it worked.
I then deleted most of my save games except for the autosave enter base and a couple prior to the CTD's.
From this point the game is once again stable and all subsequent saves are working.

I'm not sure whether it is a memory issue with too many saved games or the program trying to find its missing plane or a combination of both that causes the save games to become corrupted and continually CTD.

I'm hoping one of the more experienced Subsimmers may be able to spot a bug if there is one... or give us some kind of explanation as to why this happens....

Regards......
kevinsue is offline   Reply With Quote