Old 07-15-15, 07:51 AM   #2323
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevally. View Post
Hi All

I am not sure if I can be any help with the issues being discussed...
Of course you can... who else?

Quote:
like Gap said - the nations that split into free nations are treated by the game as two separate countries. So this should not be an issue if player checks the flag. The flags are different for each.
yep, the problem arises when the player needs to discriminate between valid and not valid targets, among the ones sharing the same flag; i.e. Denmark vs. FreeDenmark, for instance.

Quote:
Convoy make up is mostly random, but from a fixed pool. So if convoy HX*** has a pool including a free nation, there will be a % chance set for how many ships will be used in that convoy. % chances vary from convoy to convoy based on internet information about that convoy.
Is it possible that you put some neutral nations within Allied convoys, when their Allied counterpart was already available in game? I.e. Danish ships instead of FreeDanish ones, by sticking to the nations in my previous example.

Quote:
Radio messages can help here. Setting messages to inform player when a new free nation starts etc. This should be done in "red" message format to show the player this information is for them.
Within the radio message the % chance of receive for red massages should be 100% and set to repeat until received (boat may be underwater during transmission)

Hope this helps
Yes, this is exactly what I was thinking about. We should have done it from the beginning.
If an English mother tongue wants to preparate some make-up BdU messages along these lines, I am ready to assist him with all the needed information. A final revision by you would also help

Last edited by gap; 07-15-15 at 08:01 AM.
gap is offline   Reply With Quote