Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo111
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredbass
Quote:
Originally Posted by neo111
I keep reading "Install when your U-boat is in base." What does this mean? Is it that I have to have the game running to install the mod, or is the term, "in base" simply referring to the fact that the game has not been started? Sorry if this is a dumb question but I am not familier with the terms being used yet.

Great site by the way. Fantastic and friendly atmosphere. Thank you.
What happens is that once you've started a patrol and you are at sea, the game is recognizing certain variables that you currently are using. If you enable a mod at sea, you basically are interrupting the current variable with something that the current gameplay might not recognize and could possibly crash the game. So to be safe, it's best to always enable them in base so you can avoid any possible problems since the game is basically starting fresh from that point and will read your setup as a whole and not fractional.
OK. Yes, I grasp that and thanks for taking the time to reply. What I mean is, do you mean, run the game, pause it and then add the mods or, can the mods be added without running the game? Is that clear? I don't think I made it clear in my original question.
NO. finish your patrol and take your sub back to base and then turn off the game. Now you can install or do whatever it is you want to do. If you are using SH3 Commander, roll-back before you install a new mod.
robj250 is offline   Reply With Quote