View Single Post
Old 01-31-22, 10:32 PM   #4333
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
All I can say then about the Save issue is ... The only "non-approved" mod is the lite fog / visibility, and I had been testing a version of that the other day, and all seemed fine, so it is most likely OK. Your mod mix is most likely good, with a 95% certainty. Using the 'p3' version does have the Gar becoming active March 16, 1942, so an upgrade should have been fine. After reading your reply here a bit ago, I have redone that mission (again) with a couple of more little tweaks, though I do not see what any issue would have been with the mission. The mission becomes active on June 16, 1942, and your sailing date shows it was going to be June 18, 1942. I have moved its active date back a little in time to be available a bit earlier - just in case on that, but this is one area where the game is relatively good at being restricted by dates... I have also changed the "trigger" for when you get the Insert Message. Other than that, again: - we will keep digging. If you want to, go ahead an zip the whole Save folder up, post it, let me know in a PM, and I'll look at a few other places in the structure.
Out of a sense of frustration I deleted the relevant Save File, but because I am stubborn, finished the patrol before starting it anew. Reason I did that is I think somehow the whole mission was fubared. After going to the assigned area in the Solomons, I found a few ships in St. George's Channel and one in the Bismark Sea NW of Rabaul. Following 10 days of no new sightings other than a few planes and one patrol boat (a PT-type), I went back to the Slot just between Savo Island and Cape Esperance (I think that is what it is). I sat there for the rest of October, and then the entire month of November, without a single ship sighting! I know that wasn't right, so I went back to Brisbane, deleted all the Save files up to the prior arrival in Brisbane, and basically reran the mission, leaving Brisbane on 10/22/1942. This time there were IJN ships galore, steaming down the slot to disembark their cargo on the NW end of Guadalcanal. I had a ball, especially when on a certain date in November the Tokyo Express made a run for Henderson Field. Got me a Kongo! Woo, Hoo! I also got to witnesss naval gunfire clobbering another Kongo - even though I hit it with 4 - 6 Mark 14's, I got no credit for that one - the gunfire sank her. Couldn't even see the US forces, just the splashes falling around it and the occasional eruption of debris from hits. VERY COOL! Came back to Brisbane on November (censored) to get a new Gato. Life is good!

Anyway, let's just assume it was an anomaly; Either I did something, or my system did something, or the game did something that wiped out all the ususl IJN traffic. But that traffic was there the second time I ran it, so I feel Ok with that. But thanks for the offer!

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All

Last edited by torpedobait; 02-01-22 at 09:24 AM.
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote