View Single Post
Old 01-30-22, 02:41 PM   #4325
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpedobait View Post
I'm running with the latest version; i completely removed/uninstalled/deleted all previous versions and patches, deleted the SH4 files in Documents, deleted the SH4 game from my Ubi folder, and copied over a pristine V1.5 before adding the latest FOTRSU to the MODS folder. This is what I'm running now:

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.5.0.150
[G:\Ubisoft\Silent_Hunter_IV\MODS]

100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v1.7p3
101_Nippon Maru v1.6c
102_Nihon Kaigun v1.1b
Combined Roster
305_LessJapaneseAirRadar
399c1_NoScrollNavMap - Same Sized Dials
450_Lite Fog v2 + 300' Underwater Visability
450_MoonlightzSonarLines
801_UMark Invisible
802_TMO_torp_tex_FotRSU
803_NoPlayerSubFlags
806_PeriscopeSplash
851_Yel_FotRSU_Logo
901_Strategic_Map_Symbols

I know you prefer I only run the "tested" mods, but I'm reaching for the full experience that I'm used to. Whatever the issue was with those files (and I do know hex and how it works) it went away when I went back to a previous save before reaching Brisbane, then using the game, deleted the Save files that followed it. As I said, I now have a new assignment and all seems to be working.
All I can say then about the Save issue is ... The only "non-approved" mod is the lite fog / visibility, and I had been testing a version of that the other day, and all seemed fine, so it is most likely OK. Your mod mix is most likely good, with a 95% certainty. Using the 'p3' version does have the Gar becoming active March 16, 1942, so an upgrade should have been fine. After reading your reply here a bit ago, I have redone that mission (again) with a couple of more little tweaks, though I do not see what any issue would have been with the mission. The mission becomes active on June 16, 1942, and your sailing date shows it was going to be June 18, 1942. I have moved its active date back a little in time to be available a bit earlier - just in case on that, but this is one area where the game is relatively good at being restricted by dates... I have also changed the "trigger" for when you get the Insert Message. Other than that, again: - we will keep digging. If you want to, go ahead an zip the whole Save folder up, post it, let me know in a PM, and I'll look at a few other places in the structure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
i thought we had discussed this topic recently but i cannot find the thread.

i received a new mission to perform lifeguard duty. based on experience with the task of rescuing survivors i have found that arming a key on the keyboard makes the task much less dependent on the mouse: slow down, get close, center the cross-hairs, bang the rescue key. i have done with all previous mods: TMO 2.5, TMO+RSRD, RFB, and GFO(Stock).

so, i edited the Command.cfg file and added a key definition for Rescue_Survivor.

[Cmd352]
Name=Rescue_Survivors
Ctxt=1
Key0=0x30,,"0"

i launch SH4 and as the Nippon Maru Splash screen meter reaches approximately 66%, SH4 shuts down and it's back to the desktop.

if i remove the key definition with a semi-colon, SH4 launches properly.

this is unexplainable.

any ideas?

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[C:\Ubisoft\FOTRSU\MODS]

100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v1.7pRC2
399_NoScrollNavMap
400_Nihon Kaigun v1.1b
410_Nippon Maru v1.6c
420_Combined Roster
I do remember the discussion... but I'm thinking it was a separate thread?? I have eaten entirely too much pie since then, and all that sugar ruins my storage cell capacity... the info drained a long time ago. One thing to remember when editing the commands.cfg is the count at the top of the file.
[Commands]
CommandsNb=600
MaxKeyCommandsNb=170; Keys number shoud be smaller than this value (in order to accelerate the loading)
... of which you should be fine. Another thing to remember is existing key assignments. The "O" (Oh) key is already in use in FotRSU as "Observation Periscope", and the "0" (Zero) is the Captain's Log. The only "free" key is the NumPad "5", but that might not be touchable, I don't know... There are a couple of options. Make the key assignment a combination with <Ctrl><O> (Oh), or comment out the existing "O" (Oh) for the Observation Periscope, and just rely upon the menu button - which can get tedious when the action starts flying about you...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote