View Single Post
Old 01-30-22, 11:47 AM   #4322
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
That is not crying wolf. Something went wrong in the modded game. btw - The Save folder is most likely "technically" not "out of order". The way Windows File Manager sorts the folders is. Windows looks at the folder names as named with "text" characters, while in reality, they are hexidecimal numbers. With that, you have "digits" 0-9, just like with decimal numbering, but then you have A-F for hexidecimal numbers of 10-16. Therefore, when you see a folder "0000000A", it is "higher" in count than "00000009". Coupled with that is the way the game handles things when you delete a saved game. You might delete a set of files that is saved in folder 00000006, but your active Save is in 0000000C. The next time you Save, or the game does an auto-Save, and it will use that now empty "00000006" slot, so things will be out of sequence in that fashion. That's why we'll say "latest time stamp" when looking for the correct folder.

In the v1.7 release of FotRSU, the Gar is not "active" at Brisbane until September of 1942. When I did the testing, I initially was assigned a mission, went out on patrol, but was not allowed to end patrol when I came back in in late June 1942. With the "p3" version, the Gar is now active from May 16, 1942, precisely to cover this sequence of events. This is NOT historical, but it does cover these early "rewards" - hopefully. With this game, you never know...

In the meantime, your ID395 mission is the Insert/Extract sequence in "SolomonInsertExtr.mis" which KM and I wrassled with several months back, but that mission should not have prevented your starting the patrol. So just the one variable remains: Do you have the original v1.7 release of the mod, with the test patch on top, or maybe you have the "n" patch added, or are you running with the v1.7p3 version? Thanks!
I'm running with the latest version; i completely removed/uninstalled/deleted all previous versions and patches, deleted the SH4 files in Documents, deleted the SH4 game from my Ubi folder, and copied over a pristine V1.5 before adding the latest FOTRSU to the MODS folder. This is what I'm running now:

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.5.0.150
[G:\Ubisoft\Silent_Hunter_IV\MODS]

100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v1.7p3
101_Nippon Maru v1.6c
102_Nihon Kaigun v1.1b
Combined Roster
305_LessJapaneseAirRadar
399c1_NoScrollNavMap - Same Sized Dials
450_Lite Fog v2 + 300' Underwater Visability
450_MoonlightzSonarLines
801_UMark Invisible
802_TMO_torp_tex_FotRSU
803_NoPlayerSubFlags
806_PeriscopeSplash
851_Yel_FotRSU_Logo
901_Strategic_Map_Symbols

I know you prefer I only run the "tested" mods, but I'm reaching for the full experience that I'm used to. Whatever the issue was with those files (and I do know hex and how it works) it went away when I went back to a previous save before reaching Brisbane, then using the game, deleted the Save files that followed it. As I said, I now have a new assignment and all seems to be working.

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote