View Single Post
Old 01-30-22, 10:25 AM   #4321
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpedobait View Post
EDIT: Before anyone wastes any more time on this, I need to take another look from here. When I look at my Save Files I see that the last one (00021) has data that is earlier than the one previous (00020). they are out of sequence for hte data.

Here is the one prior to the last one:

[CareerTrack 1.CareerStatusHeader]
CurrentDate=1942-05-26 20:13:58
CurrentFlotilla=BrisbaneCommand
CurrentFlotillaBase=Brisbane
CurrentSDepartureDescription=1.83813e+007,-3.28562e+006,356.055
CurrentUPCFlotillaUserPlayerUnitType=F3Gar
PlayerCurrentObjectiveCode=NewBritain SpecOps
PlayerDefaultObjectives=ID94
PlayerCurrentObjectives=ID395
PatrolStartDateTime=1942-06-18 00:13:58

It looks like I could just delete Save 00021. I'm going to try it after the game.

EDIT: Not sure how things went bad, but it's fixed now. I went back in the game and "fixed" it there rather than going into the files and messing around. I went to a Save I took when I saw the base had changed to Brisbane. This time I just let it run until I was about 100 nm outside Brisbane, took another Save there as a precaution, and then docked. I again received a new command (Gudgeon, a Gar Class). I set up the boat and crew and with some trepidation clicked on the map. Voila! It gave me departure date (5/19/1942) and a mission I didn't wait to read, since I got past the CTD. Sorry for crying wolf, but at least I got some new knowledge out of it. Thanks for trying to help, guys. Much appreciated!

Oh, and did you see how Kentucky spanked Kansas in the Allen Fieldhouse??? Remarkable!!

I have no idea how files got out of order
That is not crying wolf. Something went wrong in the modded game. btw - The Save folder is most likely "technically" not "out of order". The way Windows File Manager sorts the folders is. Windows looks at the folder names as named with "text" characters, while in reality, they are hexidecimal numbers. With that, you have "digits" 0-9, just like with decimal numbering, but then you have A-F for hexidecimal numbers of 10-16. Therefore, when you see a folder "0000000A", it is "higher" in count than "00000009". Coupled with that is the way the game handles things when you delete a saved game. You might delete a set of files that is saved in folder 00000006, but your active Save is in 0000000C. The next time you Save, or the game does an auto-Save, and it will use that now empty "00000006" slot, so things will be out of sequence in that fashion. That's why we'll say "latest time stamp" when looking for the correct folder.

In the v1.7 release of FotRSU, the Gar is not "active" at Brisbane until September of 1942. When I did the testing, I initially was assigned a mission, went out on patrol, but was not allowed to end patrol when I came back in in late June 1942. With the "p3" version, the Gar is now active from May 16, 1942, precisely to cover this sequence of events. This is NOT historical, but it does cover these early "rewards" - hopefully. With this game, you never know...

In the meantime, your ID395 mission is the Insert/Extract sequence in "SolomonInsertExtr.mis" which KM and I wrassled with several months back, but that mission should not have prevented your starting the patrol. So just the one variable remains: Do you have the original v1.7 release of the mod, with the test patch on top, or maybe you have the "n" patch added, or are you running with the v1.7p3 version? Thanks!

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote