View Single Post
Old 09-08-13, 11:40 PM   #35
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
And also, is there any quick way to tune down overall AI precission?this is really essential and in combination with this mod can provide us much more realistic game play.
AI guns' aiming accuracy: data/Cfg/Sim.cfg => [AI Cannons] and [AI AA guns] 'Max error angle'.

As for bombs/depth charges, to my knowledge there's not such a straightforward way to change AI accuracy, but I suppose that AI routines will affect it, especially for destroyers, to a much lesser extent for planes.

Quote:
- How to make periscopes and torpedo tubes unusable when damaged

Any help will be appreciated ...
have you tried editing their settings in UPCDataGE\UPCUnitsData\Equipment.upc?

Quote:
Basically idea is, because now submarine have only 50 HP per single compartment, to further reduce DC strength to ,let's say, max HP value ~55, min HP ~ 3, with min splash range of ~ 5m and max ~20 m. In this way, DC will be very fearful (probably more then with stock damage modeling) and destroyers will take less damage from their own DC...I've done some testing in TDW FX update mission and i'm quite satisfied with results, although destroyers still taking damage, it's less then before and only when submarine is ~20m deep...

What do you guys think about this concept ?
Sounds quite good to me

there are several other approaches which can be used to fix once and for all the problem of destroyers taking damage from their own depth charges the ones coming to my mind are:

- increasing min range of DC throwers/racks;
- decreasing DC's blast range;
- increasing DC's detonation depth;
- increasing the armor protection of destroyers' sterns;
- decreasing the size of destroyer's collision spheres and increasing their number, so to make them to follow sterns' profiles more closely.

The best approach is probably a mixture of the above.

On the other hand, I have my own ideas for a general rebalance of the stock damage model. Enumarating here the key concepts that my plan should be based on, would require a long post which I am not going to bother you with, unless you are really interested into hearing my abstruse dissertion on the topic

P.S: are you aware that we can add in game as many DC's/DC throwers as we want, so to simulate all the depth charges listed by keysersoze
gap is offline   Reply With Quote