View Single Post
Old 12-06-21, 03:51 PM   #264
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
I take it you got the SJ radar and then had a conning tower upgrade, which caused you to reinstall SJ radar and while equipped, it does not work?

Old stock and TMO bug where when game upgrades player sub it fouls up the radar, which I believe is mentioned in the readme file.

I have not been able to solve outside of changing upgrade dates (not in the version you are running, have done this in the WIP version I am currently tweaking) a "manual refit" , which involves editing a few files, seems complicated when first do it but actually fairly simple. which I am working on instructions for.

Best solution at this time, if want to salvage your career....is ( I presume you save and keep saves throughout career, for situations such as this) go back to previous IN PORT save, before you added SJ radar and I presume before the upgrade. If I recall the Porpoise upgrade date for conning tower is 6-26-42 or after, and SJ radar is available 6-1-1942. You will need to go back, and redo the patrol WITHOUT SJ radar and let the game upgrade the conning tower after the patrol, once the CT is upgraded, can add the SJ and will be fine...next CT upgrade is not until 1-26-43 so no worried until get close to that date. I will write up instructions on how to do the manual upgrade BEFORE the game upgrades it, how to change the dates, etc.
ok, thanks for the fix.
unfortunately, i cannot go back as that save file has been deleted.
i wonder if i can unload the SJ, save, exit, re-enter, reload, and then upgrade. do you think: a. can it be done? and b. will it fix the problem?

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote