View Single Post
Old 08-30-16, 04:50 PM   #10
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Downloads: 305
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Ooooh... Commanders Edition... noice. Other than the graphics, I might actually prefer it over SH4... well... maybe not...

You definitely want to see the thread SH1 is working! further down in the main list of this site. You might want to consider using DeFend Reloaded for use of running Silent Hunter (SSI) on your Windows PC (be careful what you click on there, lots of ad junk). I have it on this machine I'm using here, a dual-core Intel E4400 on an Asrock mobo with 2 gig of ram (I still play with Commander Keen too). No issues whatsoever. You could also consult SubSouWesPac's web site, but they do not have a community to ask in like here. Between it all, you should be able to get up and running and have sound all the way through the game. Be patient with the set-up. Ask questions.

When I first found out about SH1 years ago it was a must have in my book. We had just bought a new computer and with the kids growing up and the schools starting to use computers we thought it was a good time to buy one. Heck, I spent more time on the computer once I go SH1 working than the kids did. I loved the ME in SH1, it was so much more versatile than the ME in SH4.

Head Deep and Keep'em Astern" - LtCDR Samuel D Dealy
SHIV Guide | Imperial Japanese Navy | US Submarines

cdrsubron7 is offline   Reply With Quote