Thread: I'm baaack
View Single Post
Old 09-28-13, 07:28 PM   #5
Harmsway!
XO

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 0

Hey Skipjack you do go way back. Almost as far back as Sailor Steve. Who by the way is not real. Some years ago he was playing in a night club band when he decided to take a break and come down from the stage. Trying his hand at a nearby video machine he entered Ace of the Deep. He was suck into the underwater virtual world and was never been seen in the flesh again.

Now he lives in these forums posting at any hour and at any moment. Its true. Check his post history.

Seriously, why did you post in the SHO forum?

The Silent Hunter series from SH3 through SH5 were all major disappointments upon release. I believe because our expectations were so high. Anyway all of them when modded are outstanding.

Of course SH3 has the longest modding history and enjoys the best sim experience. While SH4 has the most options to choose from in that you can play in varoius American subs or in a German U-boat. Also you can be in the Atlantic or Pacific Oceans. Therefore it is my guess that SH4 has the most players at the moment. There is even a WIP to convert SH4 into WWI environment.

My personnel favorite is SH5. The mods make it unbelievable with real navigation and an editable captains journal. SH5 has its limitations in that the modders have spent the first year fixing broken game elements but are now putting out some incredible stuff. The future for SH5 is favorable. You need a pretty high preforming rig to run SH5. Which means when I'm away on travel with my laptop I'm playing SH4. Lastly as already stated you can only play in one type of boat.

In the end I think most of us are like me in that I play more then one of them.

SH5 Quick Start Guide
Harmsway! is offline   Reply With Quote