View Single Post
Old 01-09-09, 10:17 PM   #169
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyfiller
Folks - if we want to achieve slower acceleration then I think it's going to take something more than just a shipname.sim file change. I tried playing with mass, drag etc. last night on the Yamato and could slow acceleration down ... but at the expense of reducing the top speed significantly (ahieved 6 minutes to accelerate to 11 kts ... and that's as fast as it would go). Also played with reducing number of engines etc. in the UPCGE file. Will have another go at messing with engine power, but susepct that it can't be done with the .SIM file.

Maybe there's a graph file or something somewhere to change. Am going to have a look around. Maybe a more experienced modder knows where to look ?
Polyfiller,

I have not done any testing but thought I might throw out an idea. What if you used your numbers for drag, etc to slow acceleration but give it a false max speed. Don't increase the power on the engines just a higher max speed. For example lets just say max speed is 20 Knots and your drag numbers make it max out at 11knots. So if you set the max speed to 30 knots, without increasing engine power, could it be possible to decrease the acceleration but get the top speed back to 20 knots?

Just an idea.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote