View Single Post
Old 10-22-21, 11:10 AM   #43
RetroGamer
Mate

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Correction

It’s been years but I recall some units did have their own markings on the rear of their vehicles. I believe that was a unit-specific SOP.

They consisted of symbols. Our unit had no such markings, however.

Oh, and full disclosure….I am by no means an expert in any of this stuff. I was a young lieutenant in the National Guard, put charge of a cavalry scout platoon in the fall of 1990. I was light infantry prior to that so I had to learn mech and armor specific tactics quick. By April of 1991 we had done about 6 months on active duty which included an NTC rotation. By May 1991 it was all over.

To be an effective leader, you must be able to function on very little sleep in uncomfortable weather conditions. You must be able to pay attention during briefings and pick out what’s specific to your platoon, then brief the PSG and section leaders.

It sucked, big time! I wasn’t always the greatest at it, either but I tried. You have to be patient when things break, too. CVC helmets, final drives, the main gun, radios…they all broke down which I did not have the patience for.

Yup - ancient history now. I still enjoy armor simulations on the PC because when you’re tired, you can quit and rest!!

Last edited by RetroGamer; 10-22-21 at 11:26 AM. Reason: Can’t do it right the first time!
RetroGamer is offline   Reply With Quote