View Single Post
Old 07-17-15, 06:13 AM   #10
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betonov View Post
That's not islamophobia, that's stating a fact.

That's islamophobia

That is also islamophobia.

I hope that clears it.

IS is dangerous because unlike Al Quaida, that utilises organised cells, they have discovered a way to get lone wolfs to pop up anywhere.
But if all muslims were terrorists there would be more than a billion lone wolfs running around. Are they ?? Do we have a terror attack every second ??
Well said.
It is an awkward situation that we face in this new war, because our very efforts to maintain our safety creates further threats to our safety.
I would say that AQ has also encouraged their own fair share of lone wolves, the Boston bomber for example did his work before Daesh was big on the block, but mostly the reason is that we've managed to defeat a lot of the attempts, so they don't get the press that a successful attempt would do. See this list:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ates_post-9/11

Most of the time though, Daesh and AQ attack in the Middle East and Africa, so we're in the strange position that Daesh and AQ are doing more damage to Muslims than they are to us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torplexed View Post
If I see any swarthy-looking guys on the bus with Confederate flag patches on their rucksacks, I'm really gonna freak. That could result in a matter-antimatter explosion.
No, no, you have to look away, and look away....

That reminds me, I really need to continue that AAR...
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote