View Single Post
Old 01-08-22, 12:42 PM   #3
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Niner View Post
I'm patrolling off Davao and I received a mission to extract guerillas from the Philippines. The blurb said something about extract between 0130 and 0330 otherwise try 24h later. I'm not sure if this is an actual gameplay mechanic or just there for flavour.
Anyway, what do I need to do? Get within 3nm and speed of 1kt or so? Which is the button to click to actually pick up the passengers - same button as rescuing downed pilots?
The hours given are just an "immersion" type thing, since all such missions were "dark hours" objectives. All mission in the game are done by map zones, and not time, unfortunately. All we can do is guess where the player is by other map zones, and trigger messages that way. However, there will be a "star" designating the pick-up location, or if you used the add-in markers, a blue sign. You have to navigate to the designated area, and then maneuver to within roughly 3.2km of the center of the star, and preferably go All Stop and be below 2 knots. You have to be on the full Bridge view with the full menu. You then have to "target" the raft with the binoculars, and press the lifesaver icon button just like a regular Lifeguard mission.

Edit: There are a couple of missions that will fulfill by reaching the designated map zone's area. I am thinking in particular, to a mission where you are told to come on in to the dock. That is just a map zone by the dock, and does not involve a "Lifeguard" icon, just in getting close enough to hit the map zone.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna

Last edited by propbeanie; 01-08-22 at 05:03 PM. Reason: disginated ?? whuh?? Also...
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote