View Single Post
Old 02-08-11, 04:43 PM   #5
TheBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 876
Uploads: 23

Good to see you are still around Ducimus!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducimus View Post
Did you test it running the game at the lowest resolution? If you put in too many crew, you'll have truncation and overlap issues in the crew management GUI for users running at lower resolutions. Personally, i chose to concern myself with that in my own work, but would have preferred not to. Your call.
I thought about the resolution issue myself. I removed 3 Aft Torpedo slots and 4 Engine Room Slots and will remove 3 Fore Torpedo Slots.
I was also planning to fudge the Coef for compartments that I removed Crew Slots from a bit to make up for the crew loss as the New Crew Slots could still assist in those area's while standing watch.
Quote:
Just to add to the confusion, Hogan's alley is really the nickname for some of the bunks that reside in the after battery.
Yes but Hogan's Alley was innactive compartment so crew in that compartment served no purpose at all.
You can not even populate interior/exterior dummy positions because the crew in Hogan's Alley never stand watch.
Quote:
You might want to rethink your equipment then. Ideally the player must be able to shuffle crew in and out of there at will, without effecting the operation of the boat. I mean, as a player, having to leave a crewman in his bunks so the engines don't quit would bug the hell out of me.
I was thinking the same thing.
I think I can leave the Battery's in the Crew Compartments even though they are linked to Electric Engines. Submerged Propulsion was still working with no crew in compartment.
CFO Tanks need to be moved because they do require crew in the compartment for Deisel Engines to run.
I've lost my Gun Crew's so many times in TMO it is second nature to shuffle them to safe location every time I Submerge now, no matter what is going on.
To bad UbiSoft didn't think that logic all the way through when they created the Gun Crews and Deck Watch compartments. If these stations are not active, the compartment crew exposure should be reduced as if they were located in normal interior compartment.
Quote:
I think so too. I did some work similar to this in TMO's beta patch in anticipation of CA's interiors, but i suspect it's a dead issue now.

While talking with him in PM's awhile back, it was clear to me he was taking on too much. He rehashed the control room again, before he even got to the new areas. And he only got the gato fixed up before he restarted the new areas. He was fighting burnout in the worst way possible. Considering theres at least TWO MORE interiors to do (3 if you count the S boat.), He probably threw in the towel after awhile.
Maybe someone with some 3DS Talent can take over the project?

SHIV-MediaFire | SHV-MediaFire

Last edited by TheBeast; 02-08-11 at 05:00 PM.
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote