View Single Post
Old 02-08-11, 04:27 PM   #4
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 2

Quote:
I removed Hogan's Alley and created two(2) new compartments
Did you test it running the game at the lowest resolution? If you put in too many crew, you'll have truncation and overlap issues in the crew management GUI for users running at lower resolutions. Personally, i chose to concern myself with that in my own work, but would have preferred not to. Your call.

Quote:
The crew must stand active Watch. Hogan's Alley is not active.
Just to add to the confusion, Hogan's alley is really the nickname for some of the bunks that reside in the after battery.

Quote:
I also added some equipment to these new compartments but I encountered a possible issue by adding said equipment. In order for engines to respond, each new compartment must be manned by active watch or 1 crew each at Battle Stations.
You might want to rethink your equipment then. Ideally the player must be able to shuffle crew in and out of there at will, without effecting the operation of the boat. I mean, as a player, having to leave a crewman in his bunks so the engines don't quit would bug the hell out of me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscar19681 View Post
I think captain america,s mod had gone dead for months now.
I think so too. I did some work similar to this in TMO's beta patch in anticipation of CA's interiors, but i suspect it's a dead issue now.

While talking with him in PM's awhile back, it was clear to me he was taking on too much. He rehashed the control room again, before he even got to the new areas. And he only got the gato fixed up before he restarted the new areas. He was fighting burnout in the worst way possible. Considering theres at least TWO MORE interiors to do (3 if you count the S boat.), He probably threw in the towel after awhile.
Ducimus is offline   Reply With Quote