View Single Post
Old 05-10-12, 08:23 AM   #34
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 2

Reading through some of this thread, something I blabbered about some months ago occurs to me.

We probably won't see another real submarine simulation ever again. Sub sim's are a nitch market within a nitch market. In the larger picture, they were a fad in gaming started when primarily geeks, and technically oriented people owned home computers. It's probably amazing they've lasted this long. With that train of thought one could reasonably say, "well, we should be thanking ubisoft for anything at all", however i think that time is past with SH5. That was most likely, the last nail in the old and creaky sub sim coffin.

Unless of course hell freezes over and SHO has the simulation base of Sh3, with the mechanical improvements drawn from Sh4 and Sh5* and your willing to play online shelling out money for improvements. If not, then get used to the idea of playing Sh3, 4, or 5 ten or fifteen years from now; assuming your still into sub sims at that point in time.

*(yes, disregarding bugs and broken features, they both improve on the simulation from Sh3: Sh4 with thermal layers, and Sh5 with the effects of unimplemented hydrodynamic drag),
Ducimus is offline   Reply With Quote