View Single Post
Old 01-06-21, 04:01 AM   #1
Sean C
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 2

radar Almanac and Celestial Navigation Calculator

All,

Here is a link to the latest version of my Excel almanac. I have added a data series calculator, sight reduction calculator, position log, great circle route planner and map. (It's really just a consolidation of several different spreadsheets.) A few bugs from the last version have also been squashed.

The new data series calculator can be used to make charts like the following for data comparison or analysis:

I would greatly appreciate it if everyone could test it out to make sure everything works. Nothing rigorous. I'd just like to know if it all functions as intended. I've been having a little trouble locking some parts of the spreadsheet while still keeping it functional. But I think I've got it solved - for now. Not the most elegant solution, but maybe I can improve on it in the future.

Thanks!

Shawn

PS
Don't let the warning about macros scare you. Neal knows where I live ... seriously.

Link to the zipped spreadsheet.

Link to the unzipped spreadsheet.

***NOTE: This spreadsheet is only guaranteed to work in current versions of Microsoft Excel.***

Current list of features:

Perpetual almanac which lists basic data necessary for celestial navigation
Sky chart showing traditional nav bodies above the horizon
Data series calculator for comparison/analysis
DR and sight reduction calculator
Position log
Great circle route calculator including internal database of ~15,500 cities worldwide
Internal delta-T values for dates between 500 BC and AD 2030
Custom delta-T value fields for dates outside the above range - or whenever
Only 2MB

Some stats:

Total Sheets: 18
Cells with data: 180,868
Tables: 4
Formulas: 8,373
Charts: 2
Macros: 26
Days I've been working on it so far: 237

Last edited by Sean C; 01-23-21 at 05:51 AM. Reason: Updated links to new version. Updated screenshots. Added info.
Sean C is offline   Reply With Quote