View Single Post
Old 01-31-15, 12:32 PM   #52
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

I considered to reinstall Subways or Train Sim to have an occasional relaxing ride in the late evening hours, but then decided to finally try this game instead. Surprisingly, it delivers me the same experience that in would indeed expect from a train sim, just that i have more influence, and more manual things to do. So far I enjoy it in a strange way, although the driving model imo could have been done way much better even for this title that does not qualify as simulation, but is a game. I ended up with ignoring all the - almost unnoticable - FFB ingame settings, and replacing them with auto-centering from Windowds default setup for G27, of all bad options this still work the best in this game. I seem to benefit from having not jumped aboard before version 1.16 added x64 support and superior memory management. Many issues I read there have been in the past, seem to have been solved in the past two years. Plus there is a wider playground (the "East"), and Scandinavia is announced, together with new light and weather system.

The physics and driving simulation part does not match OMSI and of course not Assetto Corsa, still: a nice game to relax with in a calm hour you may find at the end of the day. I can see myself returning to this every once in while, for longer time to come. I do not always want stress when playing a computer sim.